AHI HEALTH TIP FOR FEBRUARY 2015
FACT : Did you know " If you rely only on the health-care system to manage your diabetes, you will fail. You need to be empowered ; you need to be empowered ; you need to take charge of your own diabetes health " READ ON AND DECIDE ISN'T WORTH TO TAKE CHARGE?
Diabetes is one of the major chronic diseases in modern society. Nine out of ten cases are type 2 diabetes which develops primarily in adults over 40’s and is strongly associated with obesity. Type 1 diabetes typically appears in young people under 30.
What causes diabetes?
- The dynamic of pancreas produces sufficient insulin to neutralize excess blood sugar. However, after years of excessive consumption of refined sugar, fruit, dairy, chemicals and other highly yin substances, the islet cells in the pancreas become expanded and lose their ability to secrete insulin. Sugar begins to appear in the urine, the body loses water, and reserve minerals are depleted. The overproduction of insulin attracts fatty acids and may coagulate into tumors in the bile duct or the islets of Langerhans.
Diabetic condition is treatable and no one should suffer from it. Make your appointment with only one in Western Canada, the Macrobiotic Health Counselor, Amie Nasayao-Jiwa who graduated at Kushi Institute, Massachusetts, USA.
Book your ˝ hours session with her for free and get a visual diagnose of your body’s conditions? And AHI team will work with her, so you achieve your 2015 health goals. At AHI you are never alone; we are always there to help you through for you to live “A HEALTHY VIBRANT LIFE STYLE ” for years to come. Click the link below and watch this video. You will find more reasons why you should book your appointment ASAP to address this issue immediately
The alternate health has suggested as under, but you can take a natural approach, addressing this issue by eating the right kind of diet, this will not only help you to heal the disease, but will also help you to control it naturally and improve your overall body conditions
- Anti-oxidants such as alpha lipoic acid – helps control blood sugar levels, and helps reduce the damage caused by the sugar binding to the nerves
- B-vitamins – helps reduces stress levels and thusly prevents the body from producing more glucose to help deal those stressors.
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp of cinnamon in warm water has the ability to maintain your sugar levels at consistent level
- Bitter melon has also been shown to help with regulated sugar levels
- Chromium – improves the insulin’s efficiency
Our Naturopathic Dr. James will be happy to treat you the alternate way. If you decide to go the Natural way then our Macrobiotic counselor will be very happy to work with you so not only you are addressing the diabetes conditions, but improving your overall body health.
Ways Massage Can Be a Wonderful Complement to Diabetes Management
- Relaxation & Stress Management
The stress reducing and relaxation response that massage therapy provide can have a profound effect on preventing blood sugar surges.
Massage can also give a psychological boost to someone who is living with diabetes and striving to balance all factors involved in maintaining
a healthy lifestyle.
Massage increases the circulation of the blood and lymph, facilitating the transport of 02 and nutrients throughout the body. Improved circulation,
in turn, improves the cell's insulin uptake.
- Tissue Flexibility
Massage therapy can significantly help with the increase of mobility, elasticity, and reversing the thickening effect on connective tissue from uncontrolled
Why are you waiting just email / ring to book an appointment with Sue Scott, well qualified and experienced Massage Therapist with many years behind her and get going to start to lead a Healthy Life Style? She will also be happy to help you in achieving your personal goals since she practicing PA too?
Did you know Chiropractor with the Chiropractic Care and Foot Health can help you if you are suffering from Diabetes?
- 60-70% of people with diabetes have mild to severe forms of nerve damage that often impair sensation in their feet. As a result, pressure points may go unnoticed resulting in ulceration or other forms of foot disease, which could potentially lead to amputations. Chiropractic treatments can help alleviate these high pressure areas and minimize or even eliminate damage to the foot. In addition, treatment with properly fitted orthotics and footwear can also help to improve foot health of diabetic patients. Early diagnosis and treatment of such ailments is key to the long term health of your feet. Contact Dr. Debbie Wong today for a free consultation or to answer any questions you may have.
Book your appointment to see our well experienced Chiropractor who with the complete AHI team at her disposal will assist you to acquire your optimum healthy body in no time. She will refer you to one of AHI Team member with no additional expense to you.
Acupuncture can assist in lowering glucose levels and improve peripheral neuropathy, minimize nerve pain and facilitate faster healing. Adults who develop diabetes later in life typically have a pattern of long-standing heat in the Stomach coupled with Spleen deficiency. The heat may come from over-eating hot, spicy, greasy, fatty rich foods or alcohol or from depressive heat of the Liver affecting the Stomach; this causes a large appetite and rapid hungering after meals. The Spleen deficiency may be due to over-eating sugars and sweets or fatty, rich food, as well. It could also be from over thinking, too little exercise, or over taxation of the body. Spleen deficiency allows for the accumulation of dampness in the body causing obesity. Long-standing Spleen deficiency also accounts for the emaciation and muscular atrophy later in the progression of the disease.
Chinese herbs have been used safely to treat many symptoms and are effective in the right body at the right time. There are several traditional formulas that help metabolize and utilize glucose effectively. Chinese formulas are generally 10-12 herbs in total and will have several purposes to assist the internal climate of the body.
In TCM specific foods are thought to create transformational healing and facilitate harmony amongst the body meridians. Understanding how and which of these foods relate to diabetes is also a functional treatment for it